Friday, February 5, 2010

D edrych ar hon beth

Firstly I'd like to apologise to any Welshman who reads this blog and any pseudo-Welsh language that they might find herein. Please don't take offense.
I love Wales. It all stems from years holidaying in Wales growing up. I developed a love for the stunning scenery of Snowdonia and of course the narrow gauge railways there. I went to college for two years in Wrexham. But because of living in America I haven't been back there for over 10 years. Ten years too long in my estimation. I'd live there if I could.
So what is Cwm Lwch?
Cwm Lwch will be a micro model railway of a small Welsh quarry. The layout is being built as an instructional example for the micro model railway workshops that I will be presenting at the Princeton Model Train Club here in Minnesota.
The exact details of the layout are yet to be finalised. But I do find that keeping a blog helps to organise the thought processes. So blogging is an important part of the design and construction process and I like to start one as soon as possible. I have a blog for every layout I have underway.
The name. "Cwm Lwch" if it was real, grammatically correct Welsh would be pronounced "Coom Loowch". Which could easily be mispronounced as "come look" which is a pretty good instruction for someone to pay attention to the model.
So that's about it really. The layouts' progress and the classes progress will be documented here so you will be able to follow along with the construction much as you could with the blog for my 7 day model railroad blog. The workshops will cover about 6 weeks and are planned to start on February 20th.
Oh and the title of this post. D edrych ar hon beth? That is Welsh that could be translated as "Come look at this thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment